Here are some rules for a healthy diet:
- Eat a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.
- Space your meals out by at least 3 hours per day.
- Do not eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Drink at least 10 cups (8 ounces each) of water every day.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 to 4 times per week.
- Only eat until you are satisfied at each meal. Never eat until you are too full.
- Do not mindlessly munch on food. Keep track of everything you eat.
- Whenever you have the urge to snack, avoid "junk" foods. Opt for healthy fruits, vegetables, or nuts instead.
- Choose foods that are low in fat, low in sugar, and low in sodium, and high in fiber.
- Eat organic foods as much as possible.
Believe it or not, just following these 10 simple rules can make a huge difference in terms of weight loss and fitness. Without even following a formal diet regimen, you can expect to lose weight. Albeit, the weight loss will be very gradual and slow.
What are the benefits of following these simple rules?
- Your overall bodily health will improve because you are eating more of the right kinds of doods.
- You will be less prone to cancers and diseases.
- You can live longer.
- As you age, you will retain your health, energy, and strength.
- You will experience an overall increase in your well-being.
- You will lose weight.
Yes, indeed you will lose weight as well. You will not shed pounds very quickly. It will be more graduated. But you WILL lose weight.