It helps to follow a personal meal plan if you are following any type of diet for the purposes of losing weight.
A personal meal plan:
1. … can help you to stay focused on your diet and reduces the likelihood that you will deviate from your weight loss efforts.
2. … is useful for planning out what you will be eating each day. This way you can avoid the temptation to deviate from your diet due to being hungry and not having food available or not having a plan for where you can eat.
3. … serves as an excellent educational tool, as it helps to guide you as to how to eat healthy and how to stay on track.
4. … helps you build accountability to yourself for the diet. You can track your progress and see where you are successful and where you are faltering with your weight loss journey.
5. … should be customizable to some degree. This will give you some flexibility and freedom to eat what you choose rather than being forced to eat something that is not appealing to you.
A good example of a rock solid, healthy and reliable weight loss diet plan would be one that requires you to not only generate your own customized personal meal plan and adhere to it, but also, at the same time integrate a great deal of flexibility in terms of the dietary options at your disposal. It should, also, ideally account for some leeway to occasion cheat on the diet, within a certain degree of limitation.